HERON’S FOREST PROPERTY OWNERS ASSOCIATION
BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEETING
Thursday, September 12, 2019 @ 6:00 pm
DIRECTORS ATTENDING: ALSO ATTENDING:
Jeanine Avant Etheridge Property Management
Joe Dillard Amanda Pacitti – Association Manager
Craig McDonnell Kim Coffey – Association Manager
CALLED TO ORDER:
The meeting was called to order at 6:00 p.m. Quorum established.
PROOF OF NOTICE: Notice for meeting was posted on the sign at entrance, pool, and on the website.
APPROVAL OF MINUTES:
Joe motioned to approve February 2019 minutes, Craig 2nd, all in favor.
Jeanine reported that end of August financials shows $17,000 over budget, due to unforeseen costs for gate repairs and landscape clearing. Owners with outstanding assessments have been turned over to the association attorney. Jeanine reported that the finance committee will meet for 2020 budget and determine if an increase in assessment is necessary.
PROPERTY MANAGER REPORT: Amanda reported that EPM will be performing maintenance on the street signs, including any repairs, painting, and emblems.
1. Landscaping – Spencer reported that HF received three bids for new landscaping company, Knight’s submitted resignation and is no longer the landscaping company. The new landscaping company is GPI. ENSEC maintenance program has been very successful in mosquito/fly control in the HOA. The surrounding pool area was cleared and dugout. The pool lights are being changed to LED by electrician and he will be refurbishing the transformer boxes. Landscape lighting will be a future project. Common area rehab will be a future project, Hawthorne removal due to disease, potentially replacing in phases on islands. Association is currently obtaining pressure washing quote from Aqua Tech for the curbs. HOA attorney determined that the curb pressure washing is an HOA responsibility. Owners are responsible for trimming trees, limbs must be 15ft or higher above the road.
2. ARC – Jeanine explained that owners will go through EPM for ARC requests and asked for volunteers to assist with the ARC committee.
3. Communications – Ms. Tobin reported that the HOA has a website and two FB pages for the community and for items for sale. EPM will provide minutes to BOD to post draft minutes on website.
Jeanine reported the fence clearing on Gulf Beach Highway was completed, the only trees that were removed were dead/diseased. Tree trimming/cutting (partially completed). EPM will contact Downs Plumbing to clear swamp area between Grallatorial and Rail. Association will continue tree trimming in Fall. Gulf Power bill should decrease due to new LED lights. Jeanine requests a committee to follow thru with AT&T easement. Pool furniture has been replaced. New signs made for Tanager and pool area for overnight parking. Signs still need to be installed.
New gate codes were distributed. Old gate codes will be deactivated on 9/15. EPM will seek new vendor quotes for expiring contracts. Gate Maintenance contract with Johnsons is tabled. Installation of bollards at exit gate has been dismissed from discussion. Road maintenance with areas that have been pooling, Association will look for company to survey roads for replacing and costs. Security camera replacement, waiting on Cox permitting to install line. HOA dues are annual, with bi-annual payment option, owners have requested quarterly payments. Joe motions to allow quarterly payment with fee, Craig 2nd, all in favor. Jeanine requests volunteers for nominating committee for 2020 Board, Marsha Sevold volunteered.
Annual Meeting Grand Lagoon Yacht date to be determined.
There being no further business, the meeting was adjourned at 7:18p.m.