On May 12th, teen volunteer Mary-Grace Reeves hosted a farewell meeting for the American Girl Book Club at Southwest Branch Library. The monthly book club has been meeting Saturdays with books supplied by The Friends of the Southwest Branch Library since 2008.
Mary-Grace reviewed highlights from the last 4 years and had a slide show of photos from the programs. Cake and punch was supplied by the Friends and the girls helped blow out the big number 4 candle!
- Left to right: Mr. & Mrs. Reeves, Mary-Grace, Mr. & Mrs. Phil Duryea
- Cake with photo of 'Marie-Grace Makes a Difference' from the book named after Mary-Grace
- Left to right: Hank, Mary-Grace, and Donna Reeves, her proud parents
- Mary-Grace narrates the slide show of photos of 4 years of American Girl Book Club at Southwest
- Southwest Branch Library Manager Melanie Skaggs reads the proclamation to Mary-Grace Reeves
- Mary-Grace Reeves and local girls blow out the candle on the celebration cake
- Mary-Grace Reeves (4th from left) with Friends members Gene Ingram (Treasurer), Cathy Ingram (V-President), Melanie Skaggs (SWBL manager), Charlotta Overton, Dorothy Sergeant, and Mary Jo McLean
- Mary-Grace presents flowers to volunteers Dorothy Sergeant and Charlotta Overton
- Mary-Grace Reeves cuts the farewell cake
Branch Manager Melanie Skaggs read a proclamation from her and the Friends proclaiming Mary-Grace a forever mentor in the library community. Some of the girls presented her with farewell gifts and everyone received an American Girl tote. Mary-Grace presented Friends volunteers Charlotta Overton and Dorothy Sergeant with flowers and thanked them for attending the meetings and signing in the girls as they arrived.
Mary-Grace, an IB student, graduates from Pensacola High School this year and is headed for Harvard University in Boston in the Fall. We will miss her and we wish her the best in her future!